Classic Olive Oil Poached Salmon over Tangerine and Fennel Salad
4 skinless center-cut salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
2 cups of Magallanes Classic Olive Oil
2 cloves garlic
4 tangerines, peeled and chopped, seeds removed
zest of one tangerine
1 bulb fennel, halved and thinly sliced
1 shallot, finely chopped
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon of Magallanes Extra Virgin olive oil (Smooth)
Salt and pepper to taste
Preparing the recipe:
- Add tangerine, fennel, shallot, vinegar, extra virgin olive oil (1 tbsp) and salt and pepper into a large bowl, toss together gently, set aside to allow flavors to combine.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Place 2 cups of olive oil, tangerine zests and garlic in a large deep skillet. There should be enough olive oil to cover the salmon half way.
- Heat olive oil until it is shimmering (about 180 degrees).
- Carefully add the salmon and poach for three minutes on each side. Using a slotted spatula, turn the salmon over cook for another three minutes.
Serve immediately on top of a generous portion of the tangerine-fennel salad